Your cloud shared hosting comes with a simple yet powerful anti-spam solution. It is activated on a per e-mail account basis:
1. Login to your control panel
2. Click on "Mail" in left hand menu.
3. Click on the e-mail address.
4. Spam Filter tab is the one that you want.
Anti-Spam Setting Explained
- Mark spam messages by adding the following text to message subject
This is handy if you want to setup a filter to deal with your spam. Set some thing like **SPAM** and have your filter deal with it as you like.
- Delete all spam messages
No explanation needed.
- Move spam to the Spam folder
Any and all spam identified by system gets put in "Spam". This folder is created if you select this option.
- Filter sensitivity
Pretty well explained already on the page. Be sure to check this page as well for additional information on tweeking and training your spam filter:
Additional Anti-Spam Information
Make sure you add trusted senders here so they don't mistakenly get caught in the spam filter.
If you find there are certain domains managing to slip through the anti-spam add them to the blacklist.